Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Game

So, this Saturday is The Game. Ohio St. has been my favorite college football team since I was born. The last regular season game for the Buckeyes is always the matchup with our hated rival- the Michigan Wolverines. I wanted my first post to be about something that means alot to me and this certainly qualifies. It doesn't matter what the records are of either team, although I certainly prefer Ohio St. to come in undefeated (or as close as possible). It doesn't matter who the coach is, who the players are and which stadium is being played in, this is The Game.

This year, the Buckeyes come in once again as the favorites but "that school from up north" has been playing much better this season. They have a gamebreaker at quarterback and a very talented offense. Now their defense is a whole different story, which has led to some Madden-esque scores. Listening to sports-radio over the last few days has told me that some UM fans are actually hoping that the Buckeyes paste the Wolverines and send their coach Rich Rodriguez packing. Rich-Rod has lost his first two against OSU and he will be hard pressed to pull this one out of his hat.

On the other sideline, Jim Tressel has routinely beaten UM over his ten seasons as head coach. He goes into this 10th game against the Wolverines with a record of 8-1. He made this the key game of his tenure as coach and it has shown. Purdue has won more games against Tressel than "that school from up north".

I'm thinking this one should be close, with perhaps some back and forth lead changes. Rich-Rod will be pulling out all the stops, as I'm sure he's worried about his job security. The Silver Bullets will come up with some key stops as the game winds down and the Buckeyes will win their 7th straight in this storied rivalry.

My prediction is a 30-28 victory for The Ohio State University.

No comments:

Post a Comment